Below are common headset questions tips to help make your headset in top working order. If you can’t find a solution for your problem, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-399-3224
My USB headset has stopped functioning since I upgraded my operating system to Windows 10. How can I fix this?
If you are experiencing any issues using your USB headset, try the following:
- Unplug the headset from the PC's USB port and reboot the computer. Do not just restart - perform a complete system shutdown and then turn back on, as this will help clear the memory in the USB ports.
- Plug the headset directly into the PC and not into a hub or docking station. If you are using a desktop, plug your headset into a rear USB port if applicable.
- Make sure the headset is selected as the default device in the PC under both the Sound Recorder and Playback options.
- Under the Playback tab, right click the headset and click the Properties option.
- In the Properties menu go to the “Advanced tab”, and uncheck the box that says "allow applications to take exclusive control of these devices". Click Apply and then Okay.
- Do the same within the recording tab.
My USB headset sound is distorted. How can I fix this?
- Press the Win + X and click on 'Control Panel' among the options.
- Double click 'Sounds'.
- Click on 'Speakers' and then go to 'Properties'. Click on 'Enhancement'.
- Click on 'Disable All Sound Enhancements'.
- Click 'Apply' and then 'OK' to complete this step.
My wireless headset won’t charge?
- Check the contact pins. Both the headset and charger have contact pins that need to connect together when seated on the charger base. Be sure those pins are free of dirt and are not broken. Use alcohol to clean the pins.
- Unplug the base completely from the phone. This would include unplugging the charger from the wall and then follow the directions to re-sink the headset in your user guide.
What would cause a noise like white noise or buzzing in my headset?
A fan, PC tower, cell phone and over head lights, can cause noise in your headset. If your headset is using ac power like a wireless or an amplifier, check to see what devices are plugged into the same outlet, power strip or ac backup. If you have several devices plugged together, try to unplug them all and test the headset. If the headset is quiet at that point, plug in one device at a time to see which device is causing the problem.
Follow these tips to keep your headset in excellent working order: