Q&A about Working from Home
Frequently Asked Questions About Working From Home – Check out our packages at https://smithcoronaheadsets.com/home-agents/
Whether you're an experienced WAH agent, just starting out, or still deciding if this is the right option for you, you'll no doubt have questions along the way.
• Who hires work-at-home agents? There are many reputable companies that offer telecommuting jobs. Arise Virtual Solutions, LiveOps, Sykes/Alpine Access, Alorica at Home, American Health Connection, Asurion and Language Line are some of the trusted companies that offer legitimate work at home positions.
• What qualifications do I need? Even though you won't be working in a traditional office or call center environment, you still need to have certain professional attributes to be successful. You'll need to be self-disciplined to manage your time effectively. Being courteous, patient, friendly, and helpful are other skill sets that make a good customer service agent.
• Will there be any costs involved? Legitimate work at home jobs may have some initial start-up costs. These costs could vary depending on which type of "employee" you are. Some companies will hire you as a W2 employee, meaning you are an employee of the company, while others may require you to be an independent agent. Independent agents essentially work for themselves and are not technically considered an employee; they are hired as "independent contractors."W2 employees may have to purchase a headset and a good telephone, and have a dedicated phone line aside from their regular home line. Independent agents will need to purchase not only the headset and telephone equipment plus the phone line, but may have other costs associated with setting up an independent business. Research the company you're interested in to see what costs you may have, if any.
• Why work from home? The obvious perk -- and why many telecommuters choose this career path -- is no commute! Other advantages include being able to work your own hours or set your own schedule. A home-based office may be less stressful than dealing with stereotypical office politics. You'll no doubt save money: gas, dry cleaning, lunches, and clothing expenses will all decrease dramatically. If you have kids, you'll have more time for them. Have pets? They'll love the extra attention! Home offices provide business-expense deductions at tax time.
• What equipment will I need? If your work-at-home job is customer service or call center related, you'll need a durable, high-quality headset with a noise canceling mic. A telephone or dial pad may be needed to receive calls. (A dial pad is essentially a telephone and plugs into your wall phone outlet.) Chances are you'll be required to have a dedicated phone line for your work at home calls that is separate from your regular home phone line. You may also need a headset to use with your PC for training or to do your job. Smith Corona can offer you 1 headset to work with both the dial pad and PC or just the PC with just 1 additional cord. If you need a dial pad setup and a PC headset don’t buy 2 complete sets, buy 1 headset. Call customer support at 800-399-3224 or email email@example.com for more information.
• Where should I purchase the equipment will I need?Most importantly you want a reliable and affordable product. Buying from on-line discount sites can be low cost but may not be the best in the long run. Your equipment is vital to your success. I strongly suggest you buy your HEADSET from a HEADSET COMPANY who can help with setup and also offer a warranty with their company. I suggest you call to make your purchase and create a point of contact with someone who is experienced with work at home agents. Be a smart shopper and check out Smith Corona Headset Home Agent for discounts and specific packages for some work at home companies. They are available Mon – Fri 8-5 EST and you never get a voice mail when calling during open hours time.
With more and more companies offering virtual opportunities, working at home can be a great way to achieve the perfect work-life balance.